Thursday, September 24, 2009

1st Day of Music Class

I first want to apologize that this post has no pictures.....I know, how could a retired(hehe) portrait photographer not have taken any pix of the 1st day of Music????? Well the camera just didn't want to cooperate and when the house is full of little ones I just don't have the time to mess with technology. I could have grabbed my film camera (gasp) but then I would be posting this in a few weeks instead of tonight:) I do love my digital camera and when you have kids it's just something you need to have but there is still something about film that is more permanent and simple and trustworthy. But enough about that ........ you will just have to use your imaginations:)
Bella arrived all smiles and very excited. Ian and her play well together and started off the morning with puzzles and then moved onto blocks. Circle time had some great fingerplays about Autumn and the falling leaves. Harrison now smiles during the "hello" song when is name is sung....sweet. The kids waited patiently for the arrival of Ms. Amy and it was worth the wait. Amy and her son Eli brought with them a great collection of songs and for the 1st class I have to say it went well. Ian is an old pro at Music class since we went to Ms. Amy's class for a year, Everett just sat still and watched, Bella was a little hesitant to join in but as soon as the bucket of instruments was dumped out and we did our "free play" she quickly grabbed the triangle and enjoyed herself, Harrison became a little over stimualted during some of the clapping songs but again the instruments helped out and he enjoyed experimenting with the different instruments and sounds. I especially liked watching the kid's faces...I think they all enjoyed themselves. Music is so wonderful for children and I'm so happy that Ms. Amy will be visiting us every Thursday:) We said our goodbyes to Ms. Amy had our snack and headed out for a good romp through the forest. Today's adventure was to see who could find the bigggest stick, both Bella & Ian found sticks that were easily 4 times their size.....we ended that quest after I experienced a few near misses to my head with said sticks. We decided to be still and silent instead to hear what the woods was saying today...Bella heard the wind, Ian heard a chainsaw????
At Lunch we almost had a mutany because there were peas in the mac-n-cheese. My friend Nicole who creates the menus for me would of had a good chuckle watching little fingers digging peas out of their lunches. I made it up to them with pudding for dessert:) After naps and Nick's arrival off the bus we spent the rest of the day outside. We have to savor these beautiful Autumn days and the memories that we make during them.

Autumn

Yellow the bracken,
Golden the sheaves,
Rosy the apples,
Crimson the leaves;
Mist on the hillside,
Clouds grey and white.
Autumn, good morning!
Summer, good night!

~ Florence Hoatson

No comments:

Post a Comment