Friday, January 22, 2010

New Bird


We have a new friend at The Nest! Austin has been joining us after school for a couple weeks and we are so glad to have him here. Austin loves peanut butter crackers and playing in the downstairs playroom. He is a really talented artist who enjoys painting and drawing. There is a photo below of one of his masterpieces;) Sometimes when you ask Austin a question like what did you have for lunch? or who did you sit with today at school? he replies with "I can't tell you, it's a secret". It makes me smile everytime.....I wonder if he needs to feel more comfortable here to tell me these things and I hope to soon be trusted enough to hear the real answers. Eeva & Austin are both in Kindergarten, Eeva is 1/2 day & Austin is Full and during afternoon snack they exchange school day stories.....what they had for special, what books they read, what songs they sang...I usually sit quietly and listen. It's nice to hear what they find important & what they like/dislike most about their time spent at school. They also measure themselves each day to see if one of them has grown taller....so far they are the exact same height. After measuring they take each others hands and dance in a circle chanting " We're the same size!" " We're the same size!"
I enjoy watching the relationships my children are forming with our Nest friends;)

No comments:

Post a Comment