Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Tradition


Four Thanksgivings ago our family started a new tradition, after a yummy breakfast prepared by Nanook we head into the forest for a nature walk. During our walk we collect pieces of nature to decorate a grapevine wreath. We then assemble the wreath together as a family &  proudly display it on our front door for the holiday season. Along the way the children knock on trees with openings to see if any fairies are home & they love to cross the small brook (no one got wet this year). It also gives us a chance to chat, identify trees, talk about my own childhood that I spent playing in the very same forest that we are walking in. I so enjoy our gentle walk in the morning because the rest of our day is so busy and I often lose site of what this holiday is suppose to bring. But as I'm locking the front door every morning I glance up at the wreath and remember exactly what I'm thankful for:)


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment